Interior Design Trends 2018A new year, budding with possibilities, brings with it a longing for change. We invite you to use that momentum as we ring in 2018 with our top predictions for this year's biggest interior design trends! Here are the best new looks for those of you who are ready to take the plunge towards redesigning in 2018.
1. Bold HardwareHardware will be making a big splash in kitchens and bathrooms this year. It's all about the uniqueness, from function to the finish. Matte black knobs and pulls will be especially popular in kitchens of 2018, bringing in contrast against light shaker style cabinets and modern in shape and thickness as seen in this Laurel & Wolf design.
2. Bucket Sinks
These chic utility sinks are making a splash, not only in your typical laundry rooms, but also in bathrooms. It's not all about marble top vanities with standard porcelain sinks anymore! This year we will see free standing vintage style sinks that still have that farmhouse style look to them, which is still very much on trend, just with a more industrial update.
3. Warm Rich ColorsLast year, blue grays and sage greens were on the list of interior design trends. This year, designers will be warming up that color palette by incorporating rich colors and textures as the main focal point of living spaces. There will be a growing presence of velvety reds, as Benjamin Moore's Color of The Year is Caliente red, and leathery burnt oranges from camel to saddle to chestnut. These deep colors will make twice the impact with their heavy materials, giving off that extra level of comfort and warmth.
4. Vintage LightingLighting fixtures have really evolved this past year with more experimentation of modern shapes and the introduction of mixed metals. Vintage style fixtures are certainly on the rise, and copper is becoming a metal of choice in many kitchen pendants.
5. CurvesOrganic shapes are taking form this year, seen in anything from fish scale patterned tile to botanical wallpaper. Curved furniture has also been the talk of the town, suggesting that customers are striving for a more curivlinear form fitting comfort in their home. It goes to show that ergonomics is just as important now than it has ever been!
6. Bar CartsEven if you are not a heavy drinker, people everywhere are looking for ways to incorporate a bar cart in their home, as it is an up and coming interior design trend to dress up your drinks. Designers are becoming aware that there is a certain masculine elegance trending in 2018 and that this sophisticated style has been seen in most bar carts, as currently seen in Joanna Lavén's apartment.
7. Tribal DecorWe're not willing to let go of the vintage rug trend just yet, but are definitely open to other decorative patterns seen in this eclectic tribal style. Authentic pieces like these killim patterned pillows and large ceramic beads can really add character to a your space.
8. Bone InlayIs anyone else as obsessed as we are with this bone inlay furniture trend? The intricacy and value of these hand made pieces are breathtaking and they are really being shown the attention they deserve. Whether the design is geometric or multicolor or floral, these bone inlay items will add personality and charm to any room.
9. Colored CabinetsAlthough warm colors are making a comeback in 2018, doesn't mean that we should neglect the cool colors that have been gracing our cabinets for the past couple of years. This year will be packed with adventurous cabinet colors that are even making their way into laundry rooms, like this sage green beauty designed by Whittney Parkinson.